View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 04:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Hyperperfusion Treatment

Hey,

so i got my brain SPECT HMPAO back, and it showed I have some hypoperfusions (lack of blood flow) in parts of my brain from concussion trauma. But also as a 19 year old university student I've smoked weed and the occasional cigarette for a few years and along with alcohol I've consumed cocaine and mdma a handful of times for music festivals and what not.

My doctor, who self proclaimed himself as one of the few people in Canada who can read Brain SPECTS, told me that I also have a hyperperfusion (increased blood flow) in the basal ganglia aspect of my brain, which he said was due to drugs and alcohol and told me to stay away for a while and my brain will slowly heal along with eating good.

I asked him if the hyperperfusion might be part of the headache I have and he said i doubt it and told me that the hypoperfusion were causing the physical symptoms and the hyperperfusion was probably causing increased anxiety.

It seems that hypoperfusion are obviously the standard bruise from a concussion and that there are many ways to treat it, however I am worried about how to treat the hyperperfusion since I'm not sure how i can decrease bloodflow. I've thought about hyperbaric oxygen therapy however its very expensive and I've already been eating good, exercising and taking the supplements for a few months now. Wondering if anybody has experienced this and/or as options for treatment? Also should I not be worrying about the hyperperfusion since it's problably not the cause of my headache and since i never had symptoms before i hit my head even though I was smoking plenty weed and occasionally smoking cigarettes and rarely hard drugs? Thanks
zackf613 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote