View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 04:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Help Unusual long recovery time after tooth removal

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I have had a lower wisdom tooth and incisor removed Friday just gone. The lower incisor had previously had on and off infections. I think this is due to The top of that tooth being snapped off around 6 years ago when a dentist was attempting to remove it.

The second day after removal of the teeth I was surprisingly feeling a lot better. I did have pain but it was manageable with paracetamol and ibrufen. That night I woke up in tears with excruciating pain. Both holes had no visible blood clot and had vile yellow puss looking stuff in and around the holes.

I went to an emergency dentist the next evening (day 3 after extraction) and was told I had dry socket. The dentist cleaned the holes and packed them with a brown looking substance that was dissolvable and antiseptic. The pain reduced dramatically straight away.
I took the Monday off work just incase as I was still realy tired. Throughout the day I thought I was fine. Still in pain but again was manageable.

On Tuesday I decided to go to work so I got ready and felt fine, but on my way to work I started to feel realy dizzy, light headed, sick. my eyes were heavy as if they wanted to shut and I was really short of breath.
I got to work and was sent home as I was sick when I arrived (this will partly be due to being on a bus they make me feel sick at the best of times) I could hardly focus on my computer screen.

This morning I feel exactly the same apart from I accidentally made my tooth bleed from brushing which will not be helping my situation, but other than that it is only the lower incisor that is hurting but I still feel the same - sick dizzy and have the shakes when trying to move around.

I have tried to find anyone else in the same position or any information to read about it but I am still searching. I can find lots on a normal wisdom tooth or other tooth extraction but that's it, I am now on day 6 and have not yet returned to work and I think I'm going stir crazy!
I don't want to go back to the dentist as they said I will not get antibiotics unless there is bad swelling, and there is only slight swelling. And I don't want to spend any more money for no reason.
I would love to have some sort of idea of what is happening and when I should start feeling myself.

I would be grateful if someone could help me!
Thank you 😁💕
Amyps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (07-05-2017)