View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 06:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RSD & Lyme Disease

Yep, you guessed it. I got bitten by a tick, one that was infected.

It was about 2 months ago that I discovered blood in the inner part of my pants (on the hard seam). I had been in the garden.

It wasn't until the last few weeks that I was developing a rash on the lower part of my right leg exactly where that blood spot had been.

My parents saw the rash and immediately thought it might be a tick. There was no ring or anything (no bull's eye markings).

My doctor came and didn't think it was a tick, but sent me for some blood work, it came back positive for Lyme.

I just got a round of 10-day antibiotic for it. The rash, however, is barely budging. Yes, it has paled down a bit, but it's not budging, it is even spreading. Of course, it itches like mad and that's not helping on an RSD leg.

I have ABs until this Sunday. If the rash is still here by Monday, I'm going to call my doctor's office. My doctor is on holiday right now, but before he went on holiday was nice enough to prescribe me the ABs. He said it should be dealt with after 10 days.

I'm not so sure.

I'm not willing to put up with chronic Lyme & RSD, so does anyone here have any experience with an infected tick bite?

Just wondering...
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (07-06-2017)