View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 11:14 AM
anon122822

anon122822

I can somewhat relate to your present situation. I suffered a significant number of relatively mild hits to the head in a short period of time that ended up cumulating into very significant brain dysfunction. These hits happened over a 6 month period, mainly because of how disorientated I was which made me susceptible to more. It was the worst 6 months of my life, no doubt. I was so messed up to where I couldn't do anything but lay down and try to distract myself from the suicidal thoughts that were unrelenting.

But things eventually got better. If your issues are truly originated in concussions, and not a secondary mental illness, then the most prudent thing you need to do is stop hitting your head. What would always happen to me is I would hit my head, be in absolute hell, then over a 2-3 week period get somewhat better to where living was tolerable, then hit it again and repeat the vicious cycle. I only started truly getting better when I was cautious enough to not accidentally hit my head.

It's quite clear based on your post that you also have some very serious psychological issues that could very well be the cause of this as well. The hitting yourself while sleeping is quite troubling, are you certain this is happening? Could you be dreaming its occurrence?

A few other questions.

Have you tried psychological therapy?

How has your cognition been affected? Are you able to have a conversation/express your thoughts well?

How old are you?

What initiated you into being a hypochondriac about having a brain injury prior to ever having one?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote