View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

brandnewconcussion,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I am not convinced you have suffered a concussion. I believe you suffered a mild impact trauma that has triggered all of your worst fears to become real. Your symptoms are real but that does not mean they have a physiological cause other than a non-injury trigger.

The literature is full of examples of how the mind can manifest physical symptoms without a physical cause. In some cases, the mind has memorized a cluster of symptoms that only need a trigger to manifest to a full blown level. A startle is often the trigger. Those memorized symptoms can be from a past experience or from reading about a particular condition or from watching a movie or TV show. Dr Oz has triggered many of these situations for a wide variety of ailments with his TV show.

All of your symptoms can result from a nervous condition such as extreme anxiety (OCD, hypochondriasis, etc.)or depression.

Whipping your head around can cause vestibular issues that can trigger a myriad of symptoms. Anxiety alone can cause the memory struggles, the loss of sense of self, and the rest you mention.

Hold down on your head cannot cause an injury except to your neck. Face to shoulder cannot either.

As billybobby said, you should find some psychological counseling to help you replace these erroneous thoughts with reality thoughts. CBT could be helpful.

Are you taking any medications ? How about brain health nutrition like in the Vitamins sticky at the top ?

How old are you and what area do you live in ? Maybe we can recommend somebody in your area to get an assessment with.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote