Thread: Echo Dot
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 12:28 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I remember when my DH thought he'd set up my computer for me with speech recognition, he went through the whole thing, made sure it was working right, that he could open word and get it to type for him. All of it spot on, was so proud of himself for finding such an accurate program. Then he had me go through it all....

We died laughing over the things it typed, it was like the worst game of telephone ever. It managed to come up with words I'd never even heard of and in far more syllables even then what I spoke, not a single word was correct and it only got worse as I was reading to my DH what it wrote from what I first said when it went off on a whole different tangent then me even repeating what it wrote.

The DH took the headset back and said a few lines... all of them typed up perfectly, I took it back and it was back to playing telephone with a drunken 1980's voice dubber. "The cat sat in the trees" = "Waterflies buzz tangerines of summery flizzants"
tkrik (07-06-2017), Twinkletoes (07-07-2017)