View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
The "CBO score" for this bill from the congressional budget committee is expected "as early as today" and it will give an estimate of what this bill is expected to do/not do, and what it will cost in its current state. It should be interesting, but probably jarring.

I heard that if there is "more money left over," whatever that means, they may expand Medicade further, but IDK about the likelihood of that.

I understand your anger, BF. You have every reason to be angry

The problem with making changes to the healthcare system is that the changes are always going to effect the most vulnerable of us because we are the ones who utilize the system the most. And because of medical and mental healthcare problems, a lot of people end up relying on programs like Medicaid. I think it's massive abuses in that system that have led to it growing out of control and the increased calls for cuts to it, endangering people who really need it... people like you, my friend

Kay, I think you have said it pretty well; it's massive abuses that are really at issue. So many were added when Obamacare came in. The amount of people eligible have expanded to the highest number of those ever on Medicaid. It is my understanding the really issue is not cutting Medicaid; but lowering the annual increase. Which is similar to cost of living raises. They do not intend to remove people; again just the annual increases lowered before the costs are totally out of control.

Unfortunately; the scare tactics work on those again; most vulnerable; even if they are often not true. Sad.

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-06-2017), Brokenfriend (07-06-2017), mymorgy (07-07-2017), OhKay (07-08-2017)