View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, this is interesting.! I was just thinking about a ticked off thread yesterday and now I can't remember what it was.

So I'll be ticked off about the same subject. ((Alffe)) completely understand. I haven't met very many of what I consider true Christians. People who walk the walk they talk. I'd love to see an animated pastor!

There is a woman pastor at my folks 'sister' church, and my mom just doesn't think that's right. Well crikies.

And as long as we hit the subject of women being in what normally is considered a man's job, it really ticks me off that there are people that think a woman couldn't be an effective president. I'm not just speaking of Hillary Clinton, but any woman. I know my mom would never vote for a woman president.

At my mom and dad's church, a lady friend was a devout attendee for years on end. She was divorced. And she met a man and they fell in love and being older folks, they lived together for a long time. Then they decided to go ahead and get married. The pastor at my folk's church wouldn't marry them because they had been living in sin.

She hasn't been back to that church since.

Gimme a break.

And I think you should just go ahead and voice your opinion to them Alffe. Who better to set them straight than you? Shame on them!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote