View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm on lots of drugs--lisinopril, verapamil, timolol, xalatan, latanoprost, baby aspirin, and recently started 600mg ibuprofen twice a day because, while five different doctors in the last year and a half (most of them orthopedics), and my gp twice, have said it looks like I have rheumatoid arthritis, the rheumies say No because--you guessed it--negative blood test (even tho it was barely positive the first time, and the sub-tests showed stuff, negative the second time despite a very high sed rate, and I've found things saying up to 38% of people get negative blood tests, that's nearly 2 out of every 5 with the disease!), and no blood test means no problem. (It really, really sucks around here, ever since the latest corporation bought out everyone.)

Yes, timolol is on the hit list, but, before that I was on Cosopt, and when I finally found something saying it could make MG worse, and stopped it, my eye muscle dysfunction got SO MUCH better, but my glaucoma got worse. So we tried the dorzolamide-only component, and within 2 days things were horrible again. So we tried the timolol only component, and not so much problems, so we stayed with that, because going blind is not a fun prospect. (also had to do a laser trabeculotomy, and tried a number of other eye drops, none of which worked, I have now tried them all, many of them twice. Always gotta be that special case...)

Can ibuprofen mess with things? Because I seem to be more out of breath since starting that. But summer is also heating up, and the humidity rising, and humidity has always hit me very hard, much harder than heat does, although in my house we have central air which pretty much controls both. The ibuprofen makes a huge difference on my being able to move after waking up in the morning, and after any time I've been sitting, and of course, with MG, I do a lot of sitting. Good thing I don't have rheumatoid arthritis or just imagine the mess of pain and problems I would be. (go back and read that last line with the worst sarcastic voice and attitude you can imagine....)
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-07-2017)