View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Help

Do you mind if I ask who put you on an ACE inhibitor and a calcium channel blocker? Those two alone can be responsible for weakness. And why are you on three eye drops at once (or are you not on three at once)?

Did no one tell you that you shouldn't have aspirin, not even baby aspirin, and Ibuprofen together? Does the doctor who prescribed baby aspirin (or did you just start taking it?) know that you are on Ibuprofen? Simply because we have access to OTCs does not mean they are harmless. You could be at risk for a bleed. Also, when a person takes an antiprostaglandin, a good prostaglandin such as flax oil should be taken as well. Drugs such as Ibuprofen reduce the gel coating of the stomach and can cause a bleed or other issues such as gastritis.

I think you need to discuss your meds with whatever doctor prescribed them. I'm not a doctor, but I know when too many meds is not necessarily a good thing, especially heart meds. Please take some time to discuss anything you are on, even supplements, with your doctors (again).

None of those drugs would mask the signs of MG, but the cardio drugs can make MG worse. No, I'm not saying you shouldn't be on them!!! But you should be aware of the effects of any drugs that go into your body.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote