View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Same cardiologist put me on both heart medicines, first for spiking blood pressure (to scary high levels), second for spiking heart rate, both due to developing vascular thoracic outlet syndrome from scarring from broken, unhealing clavicle following major car crash. When the shoulder problems trigger, which can happen with the smallest wrong move of the shoulder or arm, it does all kinds of evil things to the rest of me. (Untreatable, you can't fix scar tissue by surgery, it just makes more. Like trying to fix a hole in your clothes by cutting it out.) She also cleared the addition of the ibuprofen to the baby aspirin. Not enough there to be significant. Not thrilled with the ibuprofen long term, but I got no other ideas for cutting the joint and back pain enough to keep functioning, and no one but me cares about it.

I am on two glaucoma eye drops, not three. Different modes of action. you do that when you have intractable normal tension glaucoma that is continuing to progress. Was stable on the cosopt, but immediately went downhill as soon as I stopped that, and this was the best we could come up with in addition to the laser surgery (and took a year to re-stabilize.) I've got two years until my daughter graduates high school, I cannot lose my sight before then, I want, I need, to see her cross the stage.

Ibuprofen has never bothered my stomach, used to take it in huge doses, dry, (nothing but spit to swallow it) to deal with massive cramps, with no problem. Aspirin is murder on my stomach, otherwise I'd just up my daily aspirin instead.

yes, Ibuprofen can increase blood pressure, but then so does pain, so if I'm going to end up with the same result, I'd rather feel better while doing so.
yes, I know that a bunch of these things can cause further problems.
no, I don't expect to live a long life. My goal is to get my daughter out of high school and off to college, which seems to me to be launching her towards her adult life. Anything beyond that will be a bonus. That's why I'm still trying to get something done to help me stay functional. Otherwise, I would have gladly just sat down on the couch and stopped trying, stopped doing, and eventually stopped existing. But I'm not there yet, until I get this last kid launched.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-07-2017)