View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info Mrs. D.
I seem to be dealing with awful groin pain which appears might be the iliopsoas bursa for over a year now. I had hip X-rays of both hips ordered by my PM last year; no arthritis found. My GP thinks this could be caused by the iliopsoas bursa because of the area I indicate my pain coming from.

I have "potty"issues(rectal cancer) along with pain meds so some frequent straining daily aggravate it. (I take Miralax daily.)
Right now I am sitting with ice packs between both groin areas (left is worse) which seems to help. My GP suggested the possibility of getting guided injections into the bursa which I have not had done. Not even sure who to see since my GP did mention a physiotherapist could possibly do the injections into the iliopsoas bursa.

PT is problematic since former lumbar spine fusion, ventral incisional (3) hernias repaired a year and half ago, along with PN would aggravate many of the conditions; especially the large additional incision after the hernia surgery. Also deal with abdominal pain since the surgery. Actually the hernia repair and groin pain seem to happen shortly after the surgery. I checked with the surgeon last month thinking the hernias may have recurred. He said they hadn't.

I was interested in your mentioning having used the Lidoderm patch in the upper thigh/abdominal area. Do you think the nerve problem you were dealing with could possibly be connected to the iliopsoas bursa area as the culprit???

I'm afraid this post appears to be all over the place and may be a bit confusing. Just reaching for any possible alternatives.

Thanks for any suggestions/input.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote