Thread: Doctor team?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Kat, I almost can't handle situations such as yours. I'm sorry you are facing so many restrictions on your health choices. And finances.

If you decide to have a thymectomy, do not leave that in the hands of those who haven't done them! I would recommend going to Mayo in AZ to have it done, if you can obtain a referral there. Only you can weight the potential benefits of a thymectomy with the costs involved, and the time lost from work.

I see a pulmonologist who practices at the local hospital. Why? They then know my normal numbers, everything is in the computer, and, if I have a MG crisis, those doctors work with neurologists to care for me. In that sense, a neuro-pulmy team is vital to have.

I do have a cardiologist, but you wouldn't have to have one unless there is a need. The heart is monitored during a MG crisis, due to hypoxemia. Being a woman and over 40 is reason enough to see a cardiologist. But seeing one on a regular basis is overkill if there isn't anything wrong with your heart/BP.

Do you know anyone in NV? Family? If you have surgery, you'll want someone to check in on you or help you with basic needs.

I don't envy the decision-making that you have to do. Only you can figure out what's best. I hope the doctors there surprise you and treat you really well!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (07-08-2017), MG_Kat33 (07-09-2017)