Thread: Headache
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 08:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Another thing to think about with a headache.

What makes it better? What makes it worse?

Last year I woke up with a horrific headache that caused me to collapse (in the months prior to that I was having what I wrote off as migraines several times a week.) The only relief I got from the head pain was lying completely flat, no pillow just flat. I was so sick that my husband called our gp out as there was no way I could stand up or even sit up. He diagnosed me there and then with a suspected cerebrospinal fluid leak. The low pressure of the fluid surrounding my brain was causing the headache.

I have a connective tissue disorder that makes very weak collagen so I had a spontaneous leak, it will more than likely happen again in the future.

You need to see a dr and not just write it off as a headache. Keep a food diary and see if there is a correlation with what you eat and headaches occurring 24-48 hours after.

Are you on any medications that can cause headaches as a side effect?

Do you have a lot of caffeine? If yes try cutting it out.

Are you light sensitive?

Make a list of the things that make it better or worse and see a dr. No one should be having a headache daily.

And also have you had your eyes tested lately? A change in vision if you already wear glasses means you could be straining your eyes which will trigger a headache. If you don't currently need glasses but haven't had your eyes tested maybe you do now.

There are so many things that can cause headaches, if you go to the dr with some of the stuff already figured out it makes it a lot easier for them.

Hope that helps
Rach
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (07-16-2017)