Thread: Echo Dot
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 01:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

WOW! I might really have to get one of those, it would be great if something happens in the house and I can't get to the phone to be able to call someone. There's been a few times where I've not paid enough attention to my body and have fallen and ended up stuck somewhere. Since I know my dad will stop by between 1-2 everyday, and my mom usually stops by after work around 5, and then my DH is normally home by 7 can be later, I end up just hanging out wherever I'm stuck. Someone will be by eventually, but to actually be able to send a message to someone to say hey! Stuck here, need a hand... that would be awesome!

It's really not fun being stuck in the corner of a closet waiting up to 3 hours for someone to finally show up, especially when you slam your back into something on the way down taking out both your legs, and twist your shoulder because you were a fool who reached out when you fell, so now you're in tons of pain, no way to get comfortable or get to meds that might help some with the discomfort with nothing but seemingly endless hours to curse yourself for being such a fool.

Why did you go to the left when you went down? Why did you reach out to try and grab yourself? You know that doesn't work you fool? What were you even doing in the closet reaching up for something with no one here? I'm thirsty, why didn't I bring something to drink? What if I had brought something to drink I'd need to pee... WHY did you think about that you fool! Don't listen bladder don't listen!!! No one said the P word! How long have I been stuck here?! Less than 2 minutes... only 2 hours 58 minutes to go... Maybe if we mov... *blinding pain* Idiot why did you try to move?!

Yeah... the very fact that I know the mental conversations I have with myself when I fall... I really really should be looking into getting one, cuz it has happened more than once... I mean I won't die from being trapped in the closet, under the kitchen table, in the utility room, under the computer desk (chair broke that one wasn't my fault) since someone will be along, eventually, less than 24 hours for sure, but it's certainly inconvenient.
Aarcyn (07-10-2017)