Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 01:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My DH is letting me get a new toy!!!! I'm getting one of the cricut wireless cutters. I'm sooo excited!!! I'm waiting to see if it pops up on Prime Days with Amazon, and if so then I'll get it at a bargain price and if not then at 3 am on the 12th, I'm ordering it!

I don't know if there's any other really crafty folks on here, but this thing will cut through so many different things! It does vellum, leather, fabric (including denim), felt, paper, balsa wood, corkboard, aluminum. It can emboss copper plating, I mean soooo many things it can do, which then means sooooo many things I can do. And it will even write on things with it's little pen, soo awesome!

Primarily I'm getting it to give my mom a break from cutting quilts so she can actually enjoy sewing some. But I really see myself picking up some balsa wood and having fun making little things out of it, and maybe a copper plate or two, and some leather, definitely some contact paper to make my own wall decals (those things are ridiculously expensive for an oversized sticker), and making up stencils too, and some stamps!! Decidedly bored no more And not really seeing an end insight to what all fun things I can do now. (Fingers crossed and knocking on wood so I don't jinx myself, I can't lose function in anymore body parts.)
tkrik (07-13-2017)