Thread: Doctor team?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 06:42 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks, Erin and Nac.

Erin: I wasn't being serious about the care navigator quip, but now I will definitely look into it!

I definitely will give the local, covered docs first shot... it's semi-helpful that I have the diagnosis already, at least. My biggest concern is that I went into hospital 3 weeks ago with a serious flare (no ventilation needed, but O2 stats were low and my heart was racing to keep me mobile and alert), had 5 rounds of PLEX over 10 days, and now 2 weeks out I'm not feeling those amazing effects PLEX is supposed to provide? I felt pretty great for 2 days, but now I'm back battling weak jaw and face muscles, fatigue and sometimes weakness in the arms and hands. I wonder if stress + menstruation + heat + my health anxiety has cancelled out a lot of the good from PLEX... sorry for the rambling, I'm basically trying to do all of this on my own

Nac: I saw an MG doc from Barrow listed on the MGFA list. Mayo is nationally known, so it's good to hear a recommendation for a local place. I wonder if their out of pocket expenses would be any lower... I'll message you!

Thank you all for being here and using your precious energy to reply!
MG_Kat33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (07-10-2017)