View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 03:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am on my second round (well, not really) of ABs. First round I didn't complete because my stomach couldn't take the ABs anymore (I vomited the pills right out twice in a row).

So the doc has been (replacement for my own doc who is on holiday) and she gave me different ones. She said the rash was "different" and not what it was supposed to be (it got bigger on the ABs) and my test, however positive, could be a false positive, nevertheless, to be on the safe side, and because I have enough issues to deal with, she put me on different ABs.

Amoxyclav 875 (aka augmentin). I seem to be digesting these well so far. I am on dose n°8 out of 20, so we'll see.

The rash, though paler, has spread on my lower leg (almost half of it is covered). Of course, the reaction might be "different" because I have an RSD leg (well 2 in fact but just the one is affected by the tick) in the first place.

If the rash is not gone, I will be calling the doc back. She might no longer give me ABs, but this has been in my system for 3 months or thereabouts. "They say" the longer it's been in your system, the longer you need ABs.

I really feel they can't take any chances here...
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (07-10-2017)