Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

That's funny, Gerry
I was up at the same ungodly time again this morning. I'm going to start wearing earplugs!!!

I went to the supermarket on Saturday and it was a zoo, as it always is on the weekend. When it gets like that, I often put my cart off to the side and walk off with my "cane" so I can get to the things I need more easily, but...

I fell because some ***** ran me over with her cart! I was really lucky I wasn't seriously hurt, and was able to get up on my own. There was a big to-do... lots of nice people trying to "help." The assistant store manager wanted to call the EMT's (that's their policy), but I did a lot of singing and dancing to convince him not to, and just signed a form saying I refused medical treatment. The whole thing was ****ing embarrassing and I was shaken up.
But when the dust cleared, I went back to my cart, picked up bread, cookies, and an ice cream cake (I buy one every year for our birthdays/anniversary), and paid for my groceries LOL... there was NO ****ING WAY I was going through all of that for nothing. They had a kid help me put the groceries in my trunk.

I'm still sore and have bruises on various areas on my right side, but I'm okay. I was very lucky. I haven't been out since, but I know I'll have confidence issues when I do. And I will definitely be more careful from now on. Not that it was my fault... she hit me in my backside.

So, we didn't end up going out yesterday to celebrate our birthdays and (10th) anniversary. I'm disappointed, but neither one of us felt up to it. I never got around to doing laundry or packing anything this weekend either. I think the universe is conspiring against me with all these delays.

I have to take my husband to the DMV this morning because he let his license expire. I hope to get that laundry done when I get home. I also have to start emptying out the cabinets to prepare for the exterminators' visit tomorrow, but I can't do it all until tonight/tomorrow morning. Some of it can stay packed up, but a lot of it will have to go back in the cabinets.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-10-2017), Dmom3005 (07-10-2017), ger715 (07-10-2017), mymorgy (07-10-2017)