View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 08:13 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Thanks

Well, at this point my family physician has prescribed me antidepressants in response to what the neurologist said. Needless to say, I am extremely hesitant to take them, simply from the standpoint that I don't want anything else messing with my cognition! It's also a little frustrating to try to explain that you are a generally optimistic person, until going into the second week of feeling like you overdid it, and can't think straight.

Thanks for the reassurances that this is still normal. I'm with you that people have to experience it to know what it's all about, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. In fact, I wish I didn't have anyone on this board who knew what it's like to ask!

As far as what I'm doing for my neck pain - I do the daily neck stretches from the physical therapist. I go to a yoga class weekly, and do extra stretching at home as needed. I have chiro adjustments monthly, together with a deep tissue massage that focuses on that area. I use a tens unit in between, which seems to give me some relief from the pain, and lessens the amount of tension that resides from under my shoulder blade to the back of my head. Advil is my occasional friend, but I try to limit this as it's hard on digestion and organs.

That's about all I seem to be able to do on my own to manage the neck pain. I think out of all of it the massage helps the most, but my insurance doesn't cover it, or I'd go more often. Typically after I get back to my car, my right ear (the affected side) is popping and loses the "plugged" feeling.

Since there was never any imaging done following my accident, I wonder sometimes if it would be worthwhile to have my chiro run a set on my neck, although he's experienced enough he generally is able to feel what is going on.
Karenthek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote