Thread: cramps
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cramps

Hi--

I just got back from a 2 week vacation that was all I could have wanted. The epidural I had before I left kicked in pretty quickly, and I was quite comfortable. But I have a new problem that I don't like.

Last night when I laid down to go to sleep one of my calves cramped up. All the usual maneuvers didn't work (getting up, walking, stretching). Finally, it eased and I got back into bed and the other leg cramped. Then both together. Somehow I got to sleep, but was awakened several times by return of the cramps. Some in my calf, but also in my thigh muscles. I had some strange sensations in my hands, like prickles of needles, just in one or two places, and not nearly as disturbing as the leg cramps, though worrisome, because I don't want to think the neuropathy is worsening.

I'm not dehydrated and have no reason to have a new electrolyte problem. I don't get it. I looked up nocturnal leg cramps and the only thing I came up with was magnesium. My magnesium level was good a few weeks ago.

Then today I went to buy a new bed with my son, and everytime I laid down, the cramps came. They clearly were related to position. Also, as soon as I laid down, I had neuropathy symptoms that I haven't had since the beginning---my feet itched, felt crawly, prickled.

So I think I'm having symptoms related to position, not just sleep. Anybody know anything about this?

Tonight I was sure to take my CaMg supplement to the fullest, it's all I cant think of. I'm not eager to lie down to sleep.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote