Thread: Echo Dot
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 05:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well still might be worth it, even if I have to pick one up for my folks to be able to message them. Though it then become a two way street and I still remember the last time my dad had free 24/7 access to talk with me, he didn't care that I was a college student and ya know had papers to write and had to be up in the morning... He thought nothing of calling me out to the living room at 2 am to tell me a really funny story (that I had already heard at least 5 times already that day) about something that happened while he was out "running his errands".

Which for him equates socializing at a host of different corner stores picking up a drink from this one so he chat with the cashiers, his cigarettes from another store, not because the first store he went to didn't have the exact same brand and often cheaper, but because he needs to chat with the cashiers there... then it's yet another 3 different stores for his scratchers and 3 different sets of cashiers to talk with, and then when he gets back he asks my mom to run out and get something for dinner... I guess they're just not chatty enough at our local grocery stores for him.

I wonder if there would be a way to lock him out from sending messages , but to where he can still receive them if I need his help with something... sounds totally selfish I know, but seriously a girl can only listen so many times to how her dad told the cashier "that's what she said!" (and with the missing inflection to the voice, so just picture that dig being said by the guy for the Visine commercials...) And then listen to that 5 times over in about a 2 hour period, not including the need to repeat the "punchline" when telling the story, so looking at closer to about a 30-40 times over monotone "then I told the guy, that's what she said...that's what she said... ha.... you know like what the kids say today... that's what she said.... that's what she said...."

Head meet desktop *and repeat* And of course he's so tickled by his own non-existent jokes that you really have no choice but to laugh (or make a valiant attempt at it) and escape as soon as possible...

I don't know that I could survive my dad having an echo dot linked to mine LOL.