Thread: Echo Dot
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

There is a skill on Alexa that's called Ask My Buddy, that can be used to contact people for help. You set it up that you can have it call someone to check on you, or you can tell it to contact everyone on your list of contacts if you ever need help.

I just checked, and it seems to still have high ratings on it. I have it on my Alexa, but I haven't set it up yet for myself. I should probably do that, since I've been having a few more problems lately, and my mom has issues too. I'm not sure I could get mom to remember the phrase to use to activate it, but I should at least get it set up.

Was really tempted to order another Alexa Dot today, but I didn't. I probably will regret not doing it later on.

edit
I cashed in my credit card points. ($230), and went ahead and got the full size Echo (in white, $89, which is half off). It doesn't ship till mid august, so that $230 will probably be spent by then, but I guess it'll keep my credit card from getting too high before then.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 07-12-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-12-2017), Starznight (07-12-2017)