Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

The lady from the new apartment complex called me back yesterday... Apparently a lot of things need updating, maintenance staff and contractors have been on vacation, so things have been moving slowly, and they are readying 7 apartments, so...
1) I can't see the apartment this week because it's all torn up
2) And I still don't know when we can move in
She said she still hopes that they can get us into the apartment the 28th, but she just doesn't know yet, and won't be able to give me a better answer until next week. I'm not getting the vibe that things will go our way either. The worst part was telling my husband all that. I'm so upset and anxious, I feel sick

I'm planning for both scenarios in my head. I think I need to put pen to paper to straighten things out. Maybe then I will feel like I have some ****ing control over the situation and can manage my anxiety better... I don't know if that's possible tho... my anxiety is already sky high just because we ARE moving... I have so much to do, and I need to straighten all that out as well... packing AND cleaning.

I was in and out of the apartment yesterday and was able to get all of my non-moving-related crap, with the exception of grocery shopping, out of the way. I had a lot to do. It just made sense to take the day to get it all/most of it over with.

I have plenty of boxes and tape, so I'm finally going to start packing this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to make a good deal of progress today before going to the supermarket. But I can't start packing until I throw the laundry in the dryer when I'll be free for an hour... did I mention I'm also doing laundry? That **** has to get done somehow, too.

I'm glad I saw my neurologist yesterday. He's referring me to a physiatrist to help me find ways to help manage my various pain issues since I'm opposed to taking pain killers long-term. I couldn't get an appointment until September though. I'm also going to restart a med called Baclofen (only at night for now) for the spasticity (type of spasms in MS) in my legs, which has gotten worse. Of course he told me I shouldn't be doing the things I'm doing, and he doesn't understand why my husband doesn't help out more.

What is a physiatrist?
http://www.aapmr.org/about-physiatry...t-is-physiatry

Last edited by OhKay; 07-14-2017 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Adding link
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-15-2017), Dmom3005 (07-14-2017), Mari (07-14-2017), mymorgy (07-15-2017)