View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 09:58 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Arwyn,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

There is no way to 'backup' and treat your concussion. But, there is also no guarantee that if you had rested after the impact, you would be any better today.

I doubt a doctor would have been able to accurately diagnose such a mild concussion. You have the better perspective.

What did you feel immediately after the impact ? Did you feel dazed ? Any vision irregularities, even for just a few seconds ? Any odd taste in your mouth ?

At this point, I suggest you try to not get caught up in anxiety over your bump. For many, anxiety of this type just makes everything worse. Try to limit stressful activities. Reduce your caffeine and alcohol intake to a single serving per day. Reduce stimulation an hour or even 2 hours before going to bed. Even then, don't get in bed until you feel sleepy. Try to get the same amount of sleep every night. Trying to catch up or sleep in on the weekends tends to disrupt sleep patterns. If you sleep 8 hours every night, that is fine.

You could read the Vitamins sticky at the top. It has a lot of good information. When you get a headache, try icing the back of your neck. The Vitamins sticky has a recipe for a home made crushable ice pack.

Aspirin or ibuprofen can help with headaches.

Most important. Don't scour the internet about concussions. It will just feed anxiety and make matters worse. Anxiety causes a chemical reaction in the brain that magnifies any concussion problems by preventing the brain from getting back to normal.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arwyn (07-15-2017)