View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
Welcome Back!

I have leg cramps in my left leg, and it also has to do with position and flex. When I flex my toes, my toes and calf seem to spas up,and my foot has even rotated inwards 90 degrees. Like dystonia.

Since my PN has always been mostly sensory (small fibre) with some autonomic involvement, I assume that this has to do with motor nerves, though my nerve conduction studies were normal.

I take large amounts of magnesium and it seems to help, some days are worse than others and sometimes there is much abating,although I have tenderness in that calf 24/7.

On several occasions while flexing my legs at night while asleep I was woken by the most painful leg cramp,and my leg was twisted up and I couldn't control my foot. It passes thank God, but I still don't know why it happens either?
Wow, you take large amounts of magnesium... and it doesn't help?

Gosh... I wonder how that can be...

(there was a long gap in here while I was wondering and thinking about it)

Have you read much about magnesium? I was surprised to read that it's pretty hard to absorb, a lot like B12... so now when I take mine I take it with a hydrochloric acid tablet or vitamin C... I read that the acid in vitamin C helps for the magnesium to be used.

Apparently when someone is low on stomach acid, then they tend to get magnesium depletion... because apparently we need stomach acid (some kind of acid, like the vitamin C) in order to make use of magnesium that we take...