Thread: Copd??
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 03:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Copd??

Was trying to print off records from my patient portal with local doctors, but all it decided to give me was stuff from 2015.

But, as I looked through it, hoping to find the recent results I wanted, I saw the report of a pair of chest x-rays, which said (I may have the exact term wrong, this was two days ago I read it) that the x-ray showed "overinflation, consistent with COPD." I seem to remember that I also did some pulmonary testing at the same time. Testing all ordered by, and results sent to, my GP, not a pulmonologist. I was told everything was fine. No one has ever, ever, made the least mention of COPD.

guessing that maybe since the other testing didn't show anything (they only report the best run of each test, not all of them, and let/make you rest between runs and tests if you have trouble (yeah, brilliant, huh) so something like MG is not going to be detected) that they discounted the X-ray.

So, my question is, can MG, and being chronically short of breath like I am, mimic the look of COPD on an x-ray? I have no reason to have COPD, no smoking, no second hand smoke, no asthma, no nothing, other than I have lungs.

Or are the local doctors just even less competent than I already believe.?

Last edited by winic1; 07-14-2017 at 04:43 PM.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote