View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 08:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default New Member - PCS

Hello. I'll try to keep this short, as computers are not my friends these days. I was hit in the back of the head with a basketball 2 months ago.

The last few weeks my main symptoms were nausea which I attributed to moving my head or eyes too much. That seems to have passed but now I have a new symptom. If I talk to anyone for too long (anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on the day), I get a crazy headache which is accompanied by noise in my ears (like I've been at a concert) and sometimes nausea. Also, I have developed a speech impediment. I used to talk really slowly and slur my words but that is gone But now, I am finding I will be talking and sometimes I can't get a word out. I stutter or mix up words.

Any advice? It is a good sign I can now tilt my head back or swing my neck around without worry about getting sick? But why do I suddenly have these new symptoms?

My doctor has not been helpful. He told me initially I would be better in a few days. When my symptoms persisted he told me my symptoms did not match up with my story about my injury.

Thanks!
shaymm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote