Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 07:15 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I realized yesterday I didn't get the reassurance from the lady at the office that the new apartment would at least be ready by Aug.1st, so I called her yesterday. I'm glad that I called, because she said that she wasn't sure, and she asked if they would let us stay in our current apartment for "a couple more days." She knew when we applied, and when we were offered the apartment weeks ago, when our lease here was up...

We have to be out of this apartment by NOON on August 1st (a Tuesday). We signed a "Notice to Vacate" form that says just for every day we don't turn in the keys, they will charge us $100. If I managed to get them to agree to let us stay for "a couple more days", which is doubtful because they're ***holes here, they would make us pay through the nose, maybe another month's rent, to penalize us, and we can't afford to do that.

I told her moving after Aug.1st was unacceptable because we have nowhere to put the cats. We can't board them, because their shots aren't up to date. She suggested I take them to the vet to get their shots so we can board them... I told her that it was ridiculous to expect us to pay for vet visits and board 3 cats since we will also have to hire movers if we can't get into the apartment Friday the 28th, as we hoped...
I asked her if I should start looking for another apartment, and she said that was up to me. I said I DID NOT want to HAVE TO do that...

Then she told me to take a deep breath (which made me irate) because they were still hoping/trying to have the apartment ready by July 28th. She said she would call me Thursday, the 20th, to let me know when the apartment will be ready. So... the apartment be ready Friday OR after Tuesday? WTF?!?! I REALLY hope to hear GOOD NEWS from her before Thursday... it's a shame I can't wear my lucky underwear until Thursday... yes, I am superstitious.

Now it looks like not being able to move in until August 1st, which was bad enough, may be the best we can hope for now

So EVERYTHING is up in the air until Thursday.
When the time comes, I will do the best I can to deal with whatever situation we find ourselves in... somehow I always find a way...
Meanwhile I'm just a total ****ing mess. I don't plan on driving anywhere this weekend, so at least I can take more than 1mg of Klonopin to try to control my anxiety.
Packing is a distraction. I made some progress yesterday. If I can keep up that pace, I will easily finish by the time we are ready to move, whenever that is, unless my husband slows me down by not engaging in making decisions.

At least I slept well last night. I took the Baclofen for the first time since 2015 and I didn't wake up in pain with any spasms, but I don't know if it's because I didn't have any, or if it was because the med was so sedating they didn't wake me up. I was still up at 5am tho.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-15-2017), Dmom3005 (07-15-2017), mymorgy (07-15-2017)