Thread: Doctor team?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:34 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear MG_Kat33,

I'm sorry to hear that your symptoms are worsening again. It's so hard when that is happening! It is really rough to have to wait until your new health plan begins. You might try calling the new PCP and neurologist's office, and explain your that you will soon have new insurance. Ask if there is any way you can at least schedule your appointments now, and that your insurance will become effective soon. It is worth a try, I think. That way your appointments would at least be on the books.

Yes, absolutely, do go to the ER if your symptoms become worse and you think it is urgent. Hopefully the meds will help you get through until you can see your doctor and get your medications adjustment (or whatever other treatment you might need).

Meanwhile, people can have varying reactions to prednisone. I've only been on it for short-term treatment, but I had the same response. It has always made me feel sort of queasy, so I did not feel like eating very much, either. Many people have the opposite response, and they want to eat more, but not everyone. I have lost weight when on prednisone or other steroids, also. They can be very irritating to the stomach. Do you take it with meals or a snack? It's a good idea.

Sending lots of good wishes your way. Hang in there, and please take good care of yourself!

Thinking of you,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MG_Kat33 (07-15-2017)