Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi, David,

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCallion View Post
This means basically they can through a Court Order compulsorily Purchase your house, give you less money than its worth, then knock it down, and expect you to go off and get a new home, with a bigger mortgage. [ in my case i had a £15,000 mortgage , for my original house. My mortgage on my new house is £146,000 ]

My new home is great and i love it, but the debt over my head is a worry.
I looked up the pound/dollar conversion:
15,000 pounds = 30, 597 dollars (approximately)
146,00 pounds = 297,811 dollars (approximately)

That's a huge mortgage and I can see why you feel stressed.

Quote:
I volunteered because i knew i was loosing my home, and i wanted to have first hand Knowledge if i was about to loose my job, plus i wanted support my colleagues who were too frightened to ask questions in fear they might be seen as disruptive.
Sometimes I used to want to do things like this at work too, but I have stepped back. I guard my bipolar. I watch out for it and take care of it more than anything else.

Quote:
I honestly thought things couldnt get worse. [ she is ok at present lump has been removed and Radium therapy is working]
I'm glad that your mother's medical treatments are working.

Quote:
Going back to the real reason for this Rant, my return to work on Saturday, whilst i've been away several incidents had occurred at work and i feel they have been left until my return to sort things out. The new working structure is a sham, managers dont have clue, which leaves the staff feeling hung out to dry. where i work i'm lucky if i see a manager once a month. Some say its a great reflection on our team just getting on with the task at hand whilst they sort out other Hostels that are really struggling.
David, slow down. Take a breath.

Quote:
Mari i think you said in a reply to antother of my threads you mentioned - 'racing thoughts' if, you have any info on this i would be very greatful. As at present the last 72 hours have been a nightmare i cant sleep, relax or think straight i have to put the TV on, or do this [type], because if there is quite i keep thinking about things or hearing a song that got in my head last week over and over again. It is driving me mad. When i'm in a group i just feel like screaming shut up........I CANT WIN.
I posted some info about about "racing thoughts" else where on this thread. You could be having "mixed moods" / "mixed episodes" or you could be having various types of anxiety. All of this can be medicated. Tell the pyschiatrist that you need medication for this particular issue. Be specific. Don't wonder off and talk about work. Ask for new/better/stronger medicine.

Quote:
Hopefuly this will be sorted on Thursday as i see my Doctor and will insist on an operation i've seen on the internet,
I hope that the doctors help soon.

Quote:
[ No wonder for TEN years i was told i just had S.A.D]

Is this true? Some doctors are idiots.

Quote:
PS my washing machine broke on Friday the 13th, followed by my Cooker today, [i must have upset someone really bad upstairs]
OK David.
Could you take up something like Tai Chi? Other exercise?
Yoga helps me. My current therapist reminds me to do it.
Or do deep breathing. Do you teach deep breathing techniques to your clients?

Regarding working in a difficult job / saving the lives of young people:
You are doing amazing work. But perfectly normal people can burn out from that type of work. Surely, you have access to a case worker/social work/therapist - type person who can give you techniques to keep work at work and home at home. Other people like ER doctors, police, and so forth learn to employ techniques to help them do this. Find someone to teach you. That, or you will need another job.

We can't always get rid of the stress in our lives or jobs but we can learn ways to deal with it better.
And we need to find ways to get it out of our bodies/brains so that we can live our lives.

When you come home from work, can you be stress free there? Can you learn to do that? Maybe you need to go in a darkened room and be quiet for a few hours.
Are you getting enough sleep?
Do you have ways to de-stress?

You are not alone.

When do you see the pschiatrist again? Can you call before the next appointment. Can you call tomorrow?
Mari