View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you. I think your right as I was amazed at the program how I could push and even since I have been home. I expect more pain but hope it will settle done. I think the issue at cleveland was they pushed too much for my pain and you get no relief of med or shots. So your in the pool,walking around,pt and then no relief. With my pain its not just then while doing I get a build up where the backlash is horrible and keeps going. If in the program you end up in a lot of pain you just write about your feelings on the pain and use coping like breathing. Many were addicted to drugs which was not my issue.Yesterday I have really did more then I have and I was in more pain but expect that. I do think fear has a lot to do with finding the balance. I will say and I feel for many of you have had this for longer that docs make many mistakes or try random things and I'm sick of going through that. I keep saying no more but want to be better to try the next. I'm nit sure how I feel about them not pushing you too far. The doc even said they wanted to see how much I could do and even wanted me on an elliptical or bike for 30 min that would of killed me but where I drew the line. I tend to be the opposite and under doc or treatment care I push too much. My nurse said that. I just eant to get the most out of it and to not let people done. Like for ex I was in the pool there 45 min and really wanted to get out after 30 but they kep pushing and I was way past the push but stayed and payed. The anasteseolgist apt is at Cleveland clinic so it should be a good place. I just don't get why at the pain clinic while there had me see them or before I started they new what I was going through. Then I would be more willing but its like when they started me off on a huge dose of lyrica and had the worst side effects now I fear the drug if that makes sense.I will get all the info and then not feel rushed or like I have to do anything at the anasteseolgist. Its so hard to make the right choice. I felt through this I have listened to all the docs but have had screw ups made along the way or done needless things and I do know some has been eliminating. Trying to stay in the moment.In the past at the foot/ankle I had to nerve block shots but that was at the start when I was in my air boot which did nothing. Thanks again anyhow does anyone know though about being on the nerve issue if it helps it feel less sensitive or regenerate/repair?

Last edited by daniella; 07-17-2007 at 01:02 AM. Reason: change
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote