Thread: Doctor team?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 02:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

MG_Kat33, I'm just so sorry about the difficulties with your change in location, and everything that has gone with it. I also really don't understand doctor's offices sometimes! I wish they would see you as a patient, especially when you will soon have insurance. So many things are a mystery to me.

I would say to do everything you can in the meantime to take good care of yourself. Rest when you can. Hopefully your home has air conditioning. Make good use of it! I have large ice packs, which are really used for treating sore muscles. I wrap them in a towel, and sit against them in this hot weather, or put them against my abdomen. They help cool me. I also bought a neck wrap with a freezable insert online. It was not expensive, about $10. In our recent weather, around 100F, the frozen insert lasts maybe 90 minutes, but it does seem to help me get through the hot outdoor weather a little better when I have to be in it. Sometimes I even wear it indoors when the air conditioning is not as effective as I wish. If your breathing is affecting your sleep, try propping yourself up with pillows, so that your upper body is raised.

I imagine you already know these things, but I'd say do whatever else you can do to make life easy until you have your new health insurance and you can get an appointment to see the doctor(s). Eat things that are easy to eat and require little cleanup. Use disposable plates. Do the laundry less often. You can get back to your normal routines later. Do whatever you can to let your body rest when you get home, and reduce stress. If you have an funny television show you like to watch at night, do that! Or listen to some music you like before bedtime. I like to knit or crochet if I feel up to it...I find it very peaceful. Reducing stress helps MG symptoms also, they say. I believe it is true.

Sending you many good wishes from California,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MG_Kat33 (07-15-2017)