View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 02:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Continued updates

Even though this thread seems to be quite inactive, I'll keep posting for awhile yet. Truly, my experience would have been far worse without this forum. We took the dog for her annual vet check yesterday, and had some interesting conversation with the veterinarian. She and her entire staff do take the pre-exposure prophylaxis rabies vaccine. She has known people who have had serious adverse reactions to the post exposure prophylaxis. When I asked how they fared in the long run, she said they all got better, but that it took a long, long time. As for my situation, I'm very glad my EEG was normal. The severity of the sleep siezure activity has lessened over the last week, although not completely gone. I've been trying to be more careful with my sleep routine...no TV or computer after supper, and about an hour of quiet time in a dimly lit room before bed. Don't know if that's what's helping, or if it's just simply the waxing and waning of the post vaccination symptoms. Over all I'm feeling physically, psychologically and emotionally stronger. It's good not to be in the grips of the fear, anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue, pain, and brain fog that characterized the first few months of this saga. (Now 6 1/2 months out from bite, about 5 1/2 months out from completing vaccine series.)
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (07-15-2017), mrsD (07-15-2017), trippin2 (07-26-2017)