View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 03:21 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

thanks. I was diagnosed with a concussion the next day at the ER and have been seeing my doctor regularly. He just isn't very helpful. He sent me for a CT which showed nothing. I asked to see a neurologist or have an MRI and he said no to both. I asked to be referred to someone who could treat vision issues and he said no. He gave me medication for vertigo but I don't think I really have that. I used to have something like it but not exactly. My husband insisted he refer me to a concussion clinic and he finally gave in. I went there to a seminar and it was very informative. I met with an occupational therapist who gave me a plan to get back to work and to driving but they are a 5 step plan and I am stuck on step 1 which is to be able to do all your normal household activities and social activities without any symptoms.

Basically I feel alone and don't have anyone to talk to about what's going on. People see me out and think I am better or should be better but I'm not.

Mostly I'm wondering if it's normal for symptoms to go away and new ones to appear. I haven't had headaches like this before nor the noise in my ears or the speech issues.

Thanks.
shaymm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote