View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

shaymm,

Glad to hear you found the "This is the way I am and I am going to rejoice in small victories rather that what I can't do." That is the best way to move forward. Research has proven it.

Many have found that this new perspective can actually improve their life as they learn to let go and just live day to day.

So, be sure to cherish your small goals but try to remember that improvements are best followed over a longer term, two weeks or even more. Those short term improvements tend to just be up parts of the roller coaster ride. Over time, the roller coaster will slowly start to flatten out.

If you need help explaining your condition/limitations, there are ssome simple concepts that can be helpful.

The most common issue is called filtering. The concussed brain often has lost a great amount of its ability to filter out excessive stimuli. Background sounds, voices, lights, images and such that used to be ignored are now competing for attention against the things you need to pay attention to.

Multi-step processing is another. In the past, you may have been able to connect steps of a multistep task without even thinking about it. Now, those steps do not get linked together as easily as we expect.

It can help to use lists for multistep tasks.

Keep moving forward and please let us help you understand your symptoms and frustrations. Properly understood, it is easier to find ways to work around our limitations.

btw, SamG has not been on NT since March.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote