News - ASX announcements

Woops. Progression OF Parkinson's
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNPV View Post
This looks promising.

NTCELL® continues to halt progression of Parkinson’s disease

News - ASX announcements

Woops. Progression OF Parkinson's
I haven't attempted to keep up with cell replacement therapies so i don't know how the subject is truly evolving. I am aware though, that little real progress has been made since the PD community heard the "Swedish human fetal cell SN implants" results. The PD commmunity could imagine a working cure in 5 years; that was several decades ago. Was this task so impossible as to stump the greatest teams assembled who could have brought a similar technology to fruition? No, believe it or not , it became a moral issue brought forth by an ignorant parties who enjoy their attempts to control social attitudes, and they started a grey time when researchers wouldn't touch or even say the words "stem cells". Since the revitalization of "biopharma" are we any closer to a"really significant" halt and reversal of most of our symptoms, via a cell based implant? You all be the judges of that, but i think that using porcine chorioid plexus cells held in a complex carbohydrate cage is another "attempt" to keep the never ending research money ball for PD going. Until i see the day when droves of advanced PWP,, rise from their chairs and walk , without gross imbalance or falling down, without pain from degeneration of musculature, without dyskinesia, without dystonia, without depression and hopelessness; then and only then will science have done it's job. Half assed results just won't cut it. For so many the achievement of giving us any meaningful function back has past. Yes, it has has been said that PD is a life sentence, not a death warrrant, but what kind of life? A few hours of "feeling stable" a day? So disabled by the disfigurement which dystonia and or dykinesia imposes on us that we avoid and dread going out of the house? So off that one crumples into a pile of immobile protoplasm? Enough cynicism, i can't do anything about the subject anymore so wha da phouge?.............but in 5 years? who knows? cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote