Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 05:34 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

And found yet another craft I can still accomplish... though really only just learned about an hour ago after finding some tatting needles I bought ages ago, always meant to learn it but never got around to it. Then I feared I wouldn't be able to learn it but I wanted to try the bigger needles for doing my rug. (Still need to make it to the store for yarn on that...) but since I don't have the yarn to do that yet I figured why not... looked up the directions and my gosh is it ever easy to do even without having decent hand control... (I did modify the thread "grip" to fit with what I could do, versus what the directions say to do)

But in an hour I learned how to make picots, rings, chains and split rings... and there's really nothing else to learn, it's all just one stitch (really more of simply making knots) And unlike knitting or crocheting it is super forgiving when it comes to tension, really, really forgiving, just not forgiving to pulling the wrong string . It also doesn't take a whole lot of coordinated movements, its wrap a thread loosely around a finger one way and slide onto the needle, wrap it around loosely the other way and bend the finger and slide onto the needle... I was even smart for once and just did it the right handed way, still easy. And the needles is both long and wide enough that it doesn't feel as though it will slip through my fingers unnoticed.

Below is my hours worth progression
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking hobbies-image-jpg