Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

We haven't signed a lease for the new apartment yet, so we really can't hold their feet to the fire. We are very good applicants/prospective tenants tho, so one would think that they would want to do their best to deliver the apartment on time...

I called my brother-in-law yesterday, and he said he would do his best to help us with the move no matter what situation we find ourselves in. He said he may even be able to deliver more warm bodies to help. I will call him as soon as I know our moving date so we can come up with a plan. His help will not solve ALL our problems if we can't move in until Aug.1st or after, but he is always so reassuring... what a big relief... I love him to death

Yesterday packing really was a good distraction, and being able to take more Klonopin helped. I've half managed to convince myself that we'll be able to move in by August 1st. I don't want to consider the possibility that we won't be able to- unless I'm confronted with it with certainty.

I've managed to do a good deal of packing and sorting, and I've been through 2/3 closets. I had 4 big bags of garbage that I managed to get my husband to throw out last night in exchange for a ride to the liquor store

In 2015 I was on A LOT of med for MS symptoms. I take 300mg of gabapentin as a mood stabilizer now, but back then I was on 600/1200/1200mg for dysthesias. I was on the Baclofen, and also Zanaflex, for spasticty. All that **** is sedating, and when I started on heavier psych meds, I made the decision that I would rather be in pain than be a ****ing zombie, and I didn't want to be on so many meds that act on the brain because maybe they were why it was so hard to stabilize my BP. The gabapentin was easy to let go of because it wasn't working anymore (I obviously had to do a slow taper tho).

For a long time, the big dose of Seroquel I take at night put me out, and I wasn't waking up as often with the spasms in my legs, but that's no longer the case, and it's increasingly become a problem. I experience spasticity during the day, and that's getting worse, too. Eventually I'll have no choice but to start taking the Baclofen during the day because the spasticity has been making walking more difficult than I'm used to, and more painful.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-16-2017), Dmom3005 (07-17-2017), ger715 (07-17-2017), Mari (07-16-2017), mymorgy (07-17-2017)