View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 04:25 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Post Ear Clicks After Noise Trauma

Hello!

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. Please move it if it is more appropriate in another forum. I feel like this is a brain injury of some kind.

I sometimes hear a click in my left ear. It is a sharp click, and it sounds like a cracking bone. I believe this started after I was exposed to a loud, sudden, impact noise.

I think this may be caused by one of the two muscles in the middle ear cavity. But which one? And why is this still persistent? Do I have a brain damage? The noise incident happened over 1 year ago. I only started having these symptoms recently.

I read on the web that clicks could be caused by Eustachian tube dysfunction. But I feel like this is different. I talked to an ENT doctor and he tried to convince me that I am imagining things. But I was able to record the click with my phone!

I am trying to understand this myself. Since doctors just send me home as if I am dumb and not worth their time.

Since I was exposed to a loud noise, this is likely part of the startle reflex. But why is the part of the brain controlling this still active? Even after the traumatic event? Is there nothing modern medicine can do about this?

Regards,
Click
Click is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (07-17-2017)