Thread: Copd??
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 11:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I did an internet search on this same question. I saw a response from a doctor, stating that it is very possible that the radiology report that suggested the other MG patient had COPD was probably just an error. Sometimes the radiologists don't get it right...they are human. That's probably why you didn't hear anything more about it from your doctors. They probably realized that it wasn't a concern, so they didn't follow up on it. I bet that your other symptoms did not fit with COPD.

Still, hopefully you can find a good pulmonologist, and they'll be able to check things over and find out how you are doing now. There are good pulmonologists out there. All of the pulmonologists I've met here have been good, and the one I see now is especially good. I'm grateful he's my physician. Hopefully you'll meet one that works well for you soon.

In terms of getting your records, yes, unfortunately, you may have to request them from the medical records department if you need them. It's annoying, but sometimes that is necessary. If you don't have them in time for your appointment, the doctor's office at Yale can also request them for you if they need them. These days, sometimes they can see them electronically if the other hospital has record-sharing.

I agree with Annie. It can be hard, I know, but you attract more bees with honey than with vinegar! I find that trying to be pleasant, honest, and kind with medical personnel has really served me well. It is tough when you are feeling so sick and you are feeling frustrated, but having smooth relationships with doctors, nurses, and the other people in medical offices can help with your goal of getting better medical treatment. I wish you all the best with your upcoming medical appointment.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote