View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is so interesting! I've just come from my family doctor who has been trying to figure out why I have so much mucus clogging up my throat at night that I spend half the night trying to cough it up. We've looked at food allergies, environmental allergies, septal deviation, tried various meds. In the six months it's been plaguing me we've travelled quite a bit, eaten completely different food in different places. Nothing ever made sense and none of the meds worked. I've been exhausted from lack of sleep and steadily more frustrated. Today he did some more research and discovered that rhinorrhea (runny nose, my mucus just goes back instead of forwards). is a non-motor symptom of PD. I was horrified because there is no proven treatment for it. They do suggest ipratropium nasal spray.

But maybe all I need is to take my PD meds in the late evening and maybe during the night. I 've always thought it was a good thing to lminimize the number of doses, but maybe not. I've only considered the motor symptoms until now
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote