Thread: Emg/NCS today
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Emg/NCS today

An update on my 16 year battle with peripheral neuropathy.

I had an emg/ncs done today of my legs and feet. I have had emg/ncs's done periodically since 2003. As expected todays test showed considerable deterioration of my sensory /motor nerves in my legs/feet since my last emg/ncs of my legs/feet about 5 years ago. The damage then was already categorized as severe, so Im not sure where the categorization goes from there. Even worse this time i felt nothing in my feet or lower legs during the testing. the only place i felt anything was behind my knee.

About a month ago I had an emg/ncs done on my hands, arms with similar results. Not as bad as my feet/legs but still categorized as severe. Of course i didnt get the report yet but the doctor performing the test and I had a back and forth unrushed discussion after the test.

So, no good news today, but i wasnt expecting any.

I wonder if the damage level I have now is approaching what they have categorized for Elaine D as profound, being i didnt even feel the test, though i have never heard that category used here.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (07-18-2017), Joe Duffer (07-22-2017), madisongrrl (07-17-2017), pinkynose (07-17-2017), Protector (07-18-2017), St George 2013 (08-02-2017)