View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 02:43 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Things I did to heal my idiopathic peripheral neuropathy

Hi there,

I registered on this forum just to tell others what worked for me in healing my problem.

All of a sudden, 5 years ago, I had started having constant tingling in my feet and lower legs and I was diagnosed with idiopathic peripheral neuropathy. The tests showed that I had low conductivity in my nerves in my lower legs and feet. No doctor had any clue what was the cause or how to fix it.

I was quite upset and unhappy. I found this forum and tried various vitamins in the hope that they will improve my condition. Nothing seemed to work and the tingling got worse and I was waking up at night with small electric shocks through my legs.

I kind of admitted defeat and started to work on my mind to accept this condition and go on with my life. I was only 30 years old.

However, last year my condition improved drastically and now I feel slight tingling sensations only if I deliberately focus my mind on the sensations coming from my feet. No more electtric shocks or pain in my feet and legs.

I attribute my healing to 2 things I did:

1. I massaged the soles of my feet daily using a tennis ball. Just stand and bring a tennis ball under your foot and press against it with your foot. It may hurt a bit, depending on which spot you're pressing against. The goal is to massage the entire surface of the sole of your feet so you no longer feel any painful spots. I did this daily any time I had some free time or while watching a video or talking with friends.

I found that the tennis ball massage stimulated my nerves and improved the blood circulation to my feet.

2. I started making weekly visits to a kinetotherapist to improve my back condition. I have lumbar kyphosis and disc degeneration in my lumbar discs. I was doing exercises to improve my posture and have strength in my abs and back muscles.

I believe that by doing exercises and improving my posture, I somehow unblocked the nerves and / or blood vessels that went to my feet.

Well, this is my story. I realize that there can be different causes to peripheral neuropathy but maybe my account helps other people that are in a similar situation as I was. Give it a shot.
kaciula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (07-18-2017), EdmundUK (10-28-2017), hopeful (08-17-2017), janieg (07-18-2017), Joe Duffer (07-22-2017), jurgen975 (08-31-2017), madisongrrl (07-18-2017), northerngal (07-18-2017), pinkynose (07-19-2017), Summerfun (07-26-2017), tnthomas (07-18-2017)