Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:46 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I did laundry and a couple of random things around here yesterday, but my body needed a break, so I intended on relaxing for the rest of the day. The problem is the apartment is like a construction site, and I was getting claustrophobic and antsy. I went out for a bit to Target, where I bought more cleaning products... we're going to need a separate U-Haul truck for all of them.

I called in the afternoon to remind my husband not to forget to bring his drill in when he got home. I had been up since 4am, and needed a nap BADLY, but I didn't lay down to take one because I KNEW if I did, he would use it an excuse NOT to take apart the furniture. He got home around 3, and once he sat down to deal with the furniture, it only took him 1/2 hour to take apart a full-sized book shelf and two media cabinets. When he was done, I gave him a kiss, thanked him profusely (I figured some positive reinforcement couldn't hurt), and was off to take my nap

But now there's a big pile of wood in the living room, and he didn't take any of it out this morning because he was "running late"... so getting him to take the boards out will be the new battle. There are some lighter pieces that I'm going to put in a black trash bag and throw out myself...
I'm also going to put the clothes for donation in smaller trash bags so I can carry them out to my car...
I need him to focus on getting rid of the big things (and there are A LOT of them now). I can't let him get distracted by the little things that he would rather deal with because they are easier, and he's lazy.

I rewrote my "moving-soon list" yet again, and am going to try to focus on some of the smaller things for the time being. I can't even get to some of the bigger stuff right now anyway. I had to buy a new notebook because I ran out of paper writing and rewriting all my lists.

I kept hoping all day yesterday that I would get a call from the assistant manager at the new place with GOOD news. I can't help it... waiting until Thursday is going to ****ing kill me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-18-2017), Dmom3005 (07-18-2017), ger715 (07-18-2017), mymorgy (07-18-2017)