View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi

Hi Jan, Billie, Nance, Sher Loc, Bizi,

I started off this lazy rainy day sleeping in as I was up until 4:00 this morning, wide eyed as I could be. I'm beginning to think I have day and night mixed up.

My hubby had joined weight watchers with me and has lost a total of 7 lbs. He weighs a lot so I'm trying to encourage him any way I can.

I have a bunch of recipes but need to look them up some good cake recipes but the trouble with even the low fat cakes is I overindulge. To those of you with a big family you probably won't have that trouble.

Nance I'm sorry to hear your pain has excalated. I've been on the Duragesic patch 50 mcg's for 2 weeks now and its made a world of difference in my pain. Its went from about an 8 down to a 2 level, no joking. Is your pain doc willing to try you on the pain patch? Its been a life saver for me. I was like you after my last visit with my Neuro I called and set up an extra appointment to talk about pain control and to my surprise he suggested the patch as you have more even pain control with all the high's and low's of the oxycodone I was on. I ask for a month trial period to see how I'd do and after 2 weeks on it it made a believer out of me.

I know narcotics scare most people but I was on a narcotic (Oxycodone 30 mgs. a day and it was doing nothing for me). At least the Fentanyl has helped and I've been almost pain free, still some pain but more manageable than before.

Take Care you girls.

Love Lynn
Lynn52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote