View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 01:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I read through your other posts. Mark has given you some good advice. These are just my opinions...
I would seriously consider a break from work. A stressful job/lifestyle will hinder healing. I had to quit my job in order to really heal.

You may need to have a serious talk with you boyfriend about what you need. For me, I needed someone to just tell me everything will be ok and that I will get better. Someone that could help talk me out of the negative thought pattern that my brain would get into. The injured brain tends to loop around in the negative for some reason, and it is very hard to stop. This is not psychological in nature where you just need to "get out and do stuff" to feel better. Have him read some of these posts maybe to help him understand.

It sounds like you have a good doctor, which is great.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy may help you to stop some of the thought patterns. It is very hard to do yourself, but therapy may help over time.

I did not find chiro. (even upper cervical chiro) to be helpful. I had to find a PT skilled with necks. A chiro that doesn't work on the muscles will not help in my opinion. A skilled PT that does gentle mobilizations and traction as well as gentle muscle releases is better in my opinion. Finally, I found a PT that is skilled in treating cervical instability, which has helped quite a bit. You may want to look into cervical instability.

You may want to wait a while before using hormones as a treatment. You may still be early enough in your recovery where these are still changing and trying to balance out themselves.

It may be worthwhile to get checked by a specially trained optometrist for any potential vision problems. https://nora.cc

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rahruwin (07-18-2017)