View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default How to deal with depression and frustration after TBI and Concussion?

Hey Everyone,
First time posting and I'm looking to talk and get some advice. A little over a month ago I was found unconscious in my apartment complex lounge. I don't remember anything but I was seen sitting on a stool and we think I fell off and banged my head. I was taken to the hospital and CT scan showed a Epidural hematoma, parietal skull fracture and a concussion. I was in the ICU for several days and once I was discharged I was back in the ER the following two days due to severe head back. Thankfully, the blood was reabsorbed and doctors were shocked with how quickly I was recovering. My parents, fiancé and future in laws were amazing and I gave them quite a scare.

While I was home resting, it was very hard at times. I would feel depressed at random days and just get frustrated. I wasn't allowed to do anything. I finally started to go back to work (part time) last week and have been increasing my hours little by little. Yet, I have been very frustrated, unhappy and lack of energy and motivation the last few days. I feel burnt out. When I am at work, I have no desire to be there. I just feel sad.

I don't know if I have been doing to much. Every weekend this month I have been traveling. Weddings, family events. And I felt fine during them all and took it easy. No dancing and no drinking. I'm at the point I don't know what to do anymore. I'm debating if I should take off work a little more and just relax and try to get myself back to normal. Get my energy back.

A day before my accident, I had oral surgery. I got a dental implant. We think that I didn't eat or drink enough after the surgery and that led to dehydration, which made me get dizzy and end up falling. Anyways, last Friday I woke up and my gum was swollen. I rushed to the surgeon and he told me my body may be rejecting the implant. I go back this week to find out. Hopefully it's been getting better. But that was the lowest point. I felt so defeated when he told me that in Friday. Since then, I haven't been myself. I feel like I cannot catch a break.

Sorry this was long. Thanks for reading.
Nyy13251 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote