Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 06:51 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you
I'm so happy!!! Still anxious, but not to the extent I was before... I was off the rails! I have a lot to do, but I will have time to clean this apartment for a couple of days while it's empty before we have to turn in the keys now, so that takes some pressure off. I still need to chip away at my list because I am so slow, and I can't do everything that needs to be done in a couple of days, AND deal with the move-IN/settling in, too. I'm sure Corey won't be helping with either.

I called Corey IMMEDIATELY to share the good news. It's rare that he answers the phone while he's working, but he did. He was in a bad mood tho, and wasn't as happy as I thought he'd be. Maybe he needs time to let it sink in, or won't feel better until I finalize moving arrangements in general, or with my brother-in-law, who I texted yesterday, and am waiting to hear back from.

I got my new address yesterday, so along with the move-in date, I can get some business done today. After discussing things with my husband last night, I can also reserve a U-Haul truck. So, some details are coming together now

Per the lease, it turns out we do have to get the kitties their rabies shots anyway. Fortunately, PetCo is having a clinic Saturday so we can get that over with without having to pay for the cost of the vet visits. Thank God it's on a weekend when Corey can help... I can't carry Buddy, who is 7lbs, in a carrier... so, forget about lugging around Rocky and Dottie, who are both over 20lbs. That is a big factor in why they don't get regular vet care.

I have a "self-cleaning" oven, but it doesn't clean itself. In preparation for the move, I cleaned it the old-fashioned way yesterday, and OMG was it brutal! I let the cleanser sit for hours, so I didn't have to scrub, but I swear you have to be an acrobat to get in there around the oven door! The ****ing thing is clean now, but it took me hours, and my body is screaming at me today! I cleaned the bathroom while I was waiting for the oven cleaner to work, and I'm sure that didn't help.

I can tell that the Baclofen is helping with my spasticity because, even for a little while in the morning, my legs feel "looser." But I think I need to cut the 10mg dose in half so I don't hurt myself with those loose legs...
I'm getting up, I guess to pee, at least once in the middle of the night, which is rare for me. I'm not sure I'm even peeing, but I'm falling asleep on the toilet, and kinda sleep walking while I'm on it... I'm in and out, and aware that I'm grabbing for things in the air, on the counter, and on the floor... totally bizarre. Then I wake up to Rocky's staring at me, wondering what the hell I'm doing, or maybe enjoying the show. Last night I dropped a whole roll of TP in the toilet.
I was on much higher doses of Baclofen in the past, and during the day too, and never did **** like this... but I also never took it with 700mg of Seroquel, and a bunch of of other meds (Topamax, lithium, Lamictal, gabapentin), too.
I take less much less med in the morning, but this situation makes me all the more hesitant to start taking it during the day, at least anytime soon.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-19-2017), Dmom3005 (07-19-2017), ger715 (07-20-2017), mymorgy (07-19-2017)