View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Same shoe no longer comfortable?

Along with PN, I have arthritis, fibromas in the arch of my left foot, bunions and bone spurs on my instep. The Orthopedic surgeon I saw told me he would not do much surgery on my feet due to the neuropathy. The only thing he will consider is shaving down the bone spurs to hopefully relieve the pain I get from wearing shoes. The downside risk is it could increase the joint pain. So he told me to think about it, get some prescription orthotics and do some PT..

The orthotics have been a nightmare. Only wearing them for an hour a day causes pain in feet and also my knees and back. I'll try to get them adjusted again, but I'm doubtful it will help much.

So since I only have one pair of shoes I can wear comfortably, I got a new pair. Same size, exact same shoe. My feet are so picky that apparently they can feel the difference. The old shoes are nearly worn out. Any advice on how to stretch or break in a shoe? These are Brooks Glycerin shoes that normally I can take out of the box and wear, but no more. I even exchanged them because I thought it may be a factory defect.
Pixel22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (07-19-2017)